for IBIS Bolivia
IBIS is seeking a dynamic and experienced Country Director to lead our program in Bolivia. Candidates must have a proven track record of senior development management in Latin America and fluency in English. The office is located in La Paz.
IBIS is a Danish NGO who has worked in Bolivia for 30 years with a focus on indigenous people. We offer a challenging job in an international and intercultural environment and a competitive salary according to qualifications.
- Lead and manage the program in Bolivia.
- Overall financial responsibility for the program, fund administration and fundraising.
- Staff management and development.
- Position IBIS well towards international donors.
- Coordinate and cooperate with relevant stakeholders in Bolivia inc national and international NGOs, authorities and the private sector.
- Work with IBIS Head Office in Denmark in an open and dynamic manner to develop the program continuously.
- University degree in Social Science, Political/International Development studies, Law or similar.
- Knowledge and experience in relevant development practices and methodologies, inc monitoring and evaluation and program development.
- Competences in financial management, human resource management and development.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment where people are included and things get done.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience in fundraising, advocacy and donor negotiations.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
IBIS is a Danish development organization with programs in 9 countries in Latin America and Africa. IBIS’ focus is education and democracy and we work through projects and advocacy at the national and international level to create equal access to education, power and resources for the poor and marginalized. IBIS is engaging with the private sector with a focus on education and job creation. For more information see www.ibisbolivia.org
Motivated applications and a CV (both in English) should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org 20th September at the latest. After pre screening the interviews will be conducted October 21st and October 22nd.